Wednesday, May 20, 2009

High End Wine at Every Day Prices

A walk through my local liquor store yesterday opened up my view about premium wine that comes in a box. I've discovered some great advantages to these wines as I'm trying to optimize my summer entertaining budget: outstanding taste, cost saving, and convenience - the trifecta of a successful party planning.

Since the cost of packaging, shipping, and store is significantly less for the producers of boxed wines,they can afford to sell the wine for less. A $2o boxed wine would be double if sold in glass bottles. Wine can be drunk one glass at a time over several weeks (i.e. an opened box lasts for 4-6 weeks. )With boxed wine being lightweight, portable, and durable, its no surprise that its become wildly popular with boaters, campers, tailgaters, the senior crowd in Naples FL, and yes, even celebrities (Ellen Degeneres and Oprah to name just a few.) And, no special tools required to open the wine. Say goodbye to keeping track of wine opener at your next party!

My favorite - Black Box Wines of California

No comments:

 
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping