Monday, June 23, 2008

Dialing for Less Dollars

Are you a chronic “411” dialer like myself? Yes? Then do I have a a money saving tidbit for you…

Program 800-FREE-411 (800 – 3733- 411) into your cellphone. It’s a free/low cost nationwide directory assistance that you can use from your cell phone. Depending on your cell phone plan, you may also get charged for your minutes, but you won’t incur any additional service transaction fees. (example: On my calling plan, a 411 call generates a $1.50 charge per call.)

Here’s how it works –It's free for you to use, but once you’ve dialed in, you’ll need to hear a brief ad (10 – 15 seconds) before a record voice prompts you for “What City and State?” Interested in the ad? Fret not – you have the opportunity to connect and hear more.

Try it. It’s a pretty quick way to save yourself a few dollars. Based on my dialing habits, using this directory assistant program translates into $6 monthly savings - the cash equivalent of 3 Starbuck Coffees, 6 iTunes, or 1 roll of Hallmark self adhesive wrapping paper.

Happy Savings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I call 411 all the time, well probably only 2-3 times a week but it seems like all the time to me :-)

One suggestion I have though, would be for you to use 1-800-411-SAVE, I have recently started using this service and absolutely love it. I was getting tired of constantly getting the wrong number and repeating myself to those automated machines & was complaining about it one day to my friend who told me about 1-800-411-SAVE which is done by live people and not machines. Since I made the switch, I have noticed that not only do I get the right number more often but I get the number faster since I don't have to repeat myself 3 or 4 times.

 
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping